1.28.2006

Mom and Her 3 Bald Boys

OFFICIAL SCORE:
Mom-2 Chemotherapy-0

Mom came home on Friday after finishing her second round of chemotherapy on Thursday and she's doing just great. She is feeling pretty tired and somewhat sore, but that is certainly to be expected. Regardless, it's still be a chore to keep her down and not wiping the counters or helping out in some way. She'll never stop, but I think that's why she's going to beat it...

So ever since day one when we heard mom would probably lose her hair, Gil, Charlie and I have agreed to shave our heads too. On Thursday night I got a text message from Charlie saying, "Get ready... tomorrow is SHAVE day!" At this point mom's hair was really thinning and falling out from the chemo, and she was sick and tired of waking up with hair all over the pillow. So when Mom came home from the hospital, Charlie was waiting at home (already bald!) with his shears and electric razor. He did a real nice job on Mom, getting her as close to bald as she was ready for at the moment. About an hour later, I was student teaching and received a picture on my camera phone of mom's new haircut and Chuck's bald head. I knew my time would be soon. About a half hour later I received another picture from Gil with a message saying "Two down, one to go!". 6 hours later...

(((The picture that was here showed a picture of Mom, Gil, Chuck and myself all bald. Had to take it down but will be replaced as soon as we are all together again and can take a new shot!)))


We love you Mom and will do anything for you. This is just a small silly way of expressing that. 2 Rounds down, 4 more to go! Already a 1/3 done!


Check back tomorrow for more pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, its Rudy Morales from the first aid squad. Just a reminder that with sensitive skin, as often is the case post-chemo, the need for sun block / hats / wigs increases. Personally, only my hairdresser knows for sure.

Anonymous said...

HEY ITS KAREN FROM SOUTH CAROLINA >>>YES ALL THE WAY HERE AND I STILL THINK ABOUT YOU > Janice I went short for you ...I believce the clipper was a 2. When I figure out email and photo I will send it. Dennis said I need a HAT.
Prays are with you and I know you'll come thru flying orange...Never turn down any thing let them do it all your job is to get well....theirs is all the rest.Love ya ..hugs karen