1.07.2006

THE END OF CHEMO ROUND ONE Janice 1 - Chemo 0

Mom’s last day of chemo whet off without a hitch. She continues to enjoy her chocolate milkshakes, lemon marang pie and downs endless amounts of water each day. One new addition now is her lack of taste. She began to notice on her 2nd day that there was a metallic taste added to her food, but she continues to eat a normal diet.


Last night she told me(Charlie) to pick up Andy and be at the hospital to get her this morning no earlier than 9AM. So, I got up around 7:50 and got in the shower. When I got out there were two messages on my phone and when I checked them they were classic Jancie. “Where are you…..it’s 8:00……They are releasing me. For those of you that don’t know my mom as well, she has a demented sense of time. When she says a party starts at 3, you get there for 2:30. When she says we’re heading down to Gil and Tina’s to see the kids by 11am, you’d better be in the car and ready to go by 9am. Aside from cleaning out the cancer I really hope this chemo can do something about her timing.


Any how, we got her home and she’s back to her old normal self. “ANDREW…Pick up the crumbs…..GILLLLLL……wipe off the counter”. The main goal now is to have her get as much rest as possible. On a slightly different note, tonight I get to give my mom a shot. After each round of chemo she’ll require a white blood cell booster injection to keep up her immune system. So tonight I get to get her back for all those years of “do this and do that”…..I recall a Wooden spoon when I was a child, but that’s a little blurry now. So here it comes mom. It won’t hurt but a moment.


Once special request from me…..Please keep my mom in your prayers. I have found that after doing some reading about the power of prayer and talking to many people, I have come to believe that the more people that pray for you the better off you are. Most of you problably already accept this as a given, but it took some time for me. So please, tonight keep my mom in your prayers.


Thanks,
Charlie

3 comments:

Renee said...

WELCOME HOME JANICE!
YOU DID IT...YOU SURVIVED YOUR FIRST CHEMO CYCLE!!! THE LOVE, PRAYERS AND SUPPORT COMING YOUR WAY WILL HELP YOU GET THROUGH THIS
UNFORTUNATE TURN OF EVENTS. THE POWER OF THE MIND HOLDS THE KEY OF SURVIVAL..YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE.
I WANT TO COMMEND YOUR SON FOR YOUR JOURNAL. HE DID A WONDERFUL JOB HELPING THOSE THAT CARE FEEL CONNECTED TO YOU! REMEMBER WE WILL BE WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THIS JOURNEY!
WITH LOVE AND PRAYERS,
RENEE (DEBBIE'S FRIEND) 0

SuperSideris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SuperSideris said...

Janice,
We know you well enough to know a little cancer won't get you down. You have a lot of support from your kids (who are awesome!) family and friends who will all help you get through this. We know you'll kick this cancer in the ass and be back to your old energetic self. In the meantime rest up and keep up the positive attitude. You're in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Harriet and Doug