2.02.2006

It's February and Mom is feeling pretty good.

Well, I have just returned from a 3 day stay in the woods with the 5th graders in my school. While away I stayed in close communication with mom, and I am happy to say she is feeling pretty good. Her bloodwork came back from the doc yesterday and her doc feels that everything is looking good. Her spirits remain high, and although her hair is short, and that's a large thanks to Uncle Charles who I heard was dying to shave mom's head for years she still has a head of hair while her 3 boys are bare up top.

This weekend mom and dad are heading down to Gil's to spend the day with the kids. If you only could see her face when she see's them. I remember the first time she went to her oncologist, she told him...and I quote "Listen, I have 3 grandkids I am living for...I mean I love my husband, but ..I have 3 grandkids I am living for." She loves those kids more than anything. It's really great to see her spend time with them.

Well, that's all for today, but I want to thank everyone for taking the time to reply and send such warm messages. I want to encourage everyone to call mom to say hello. Dont worry about waking her, if she's sleeping she turns off her phone and if she isnt up for talking she just wont answer. Dont take it personally. So please continue to call and email.

Thanks,
Charlie

No comments: