2.24.2006

Hey we're back!!!!!!!

So, we've been a bit quiet on the posting front for a little over a week now. Mom is home a week from her 3rd treatment today and doing well. There was a bit of a drop in her Red Blood Cells, but the doc's said that was to be expected. Mom is feeling pretty good these days though still tired at times.

Her hair as you may all know never quite all fell out when her boys shaved their heads. Infact it started to grow again, and it was coming in in some very interesting colors. Red, Black, White. She takes it all like a champ though. What I love best about my mom lately is that she really dosent give a crap what people feel about her hair and how she looks. Her attitude is "Yea..I have cancer...so what...deal with it...I am". She's really amazing. She has yet to wear her wig going out, and she really looks great in a hat and scarf.

Today mom and dad's youngest went to his first job fair. Andy as many of you may know has sort of followed in my footsteps a bit. When I was in college I was the state collegiate president of New Jersey music education organization, Andy is now serving very well in that same position. He's created some amazing programs as president. His latest brainchild which is launching in March is a free music lesson program for any student in new jersey that wants lessons. He's headed for the big time. I am really proud of him. I know he'll be an increadible band director. I spoke to the music supervisor in the district where he is student teaching and he feels that Andy is bound for greatness as well. Nice Job Andy!!!!!!!

Tomorrow Andy performs with the Rutgers Saxophone Quartet at the New Jersey State Music Educators Convention in East Brunswick, I think mom's gonna make it out for that one.

Well, that's it for tonight. We'lll be in touch, sorry for the big gap in posts. Have a great night

Thanks,
Charlie

No comments: