11.21.2006

A TRULY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

IT'S AMAZING!! After only 2 rounds of chemo, Mom is back in remission!!!! I called her today to let her know I was on my way home from work, and she answers the phone saying that her counts were down again. When she was first diagnosed, she was originally thought to have needed at least 4 rounds of chemo with maybe even a little extra afterwards "just in case"... but whether Dr. Canavan is a genius, or it was Mom's strong spirit (most likely a combo of both), she's unbelievably back in remission.

This time we pray it will be for good!

Knowing Mom though, she'd probably yell at me for even saying that. It's been her motto since day one that you can only take one day at a time. "If I get it, I get it. I'll beat it like I beat it the last time". It's all about not worrying about tomorrow, while taking care of yourself today.

Please spread the word if you have not yet done so. If you have not yet spoken with Mom, believe me she is so appreciative of everyone's good thoughts, prayers and wishes. This year, Thanksgiving has a whole new meaning!

Best,

Andrew

No comments: