10.17.2006

Janice vs Cancer (Janice 1, Cancer 0)

From 9am-2pm on Monday October 15th, Mom had her first chemotherapy treatment for her second bout with cancer. This 5 hour stint at Dr. Canavan's office was nothing compared to last year when she was stuck for half a week at Rahway Hospital. Funny story... On Monday I was in a pretty somber mood just thinking about Mom and all this crap she's going through so I decided to give her a call during my lunch hour at work. The phone started ringing and I expected to hear that she was probably in a pretty bad mood and couldn't wait to leave. BOY WAS I WRONG.

Mom: Helllloooooo?
Andy: Hey Ma'.
Mom: Whaat? Andrew?
Andy: How are you feeling??
Mom: (mumbling) I feel prrreetty goooddd... they got me puuumped with Benedryl.
Andy: Haha... Great. So you're doing well?
Mom: Yeah I'm fine really. Sittin' here with Nanny. Dad's in the other room...I just feel like I've had a couple shots. I wish I did have a few actually.. Hahah

When I got home Mom was her normal self and had her second dose of chemo when Chuck and Lauren's dog "Kemo" came to pay a visit. Today after work I called home and expected worse, but again I was wrong. She felt a little sore and tired but all in all pretty good. Still cooking and doing her daily routine which as many of you know is a great thing for her. Her spirits are still great and is getting ready to make an appointment with her stylist Jeff in preperation for when her hair starts to thin again. So be on the look out for a couple of bald Lopez's running around in a month or two!

That's all for today. Stay posted for more on how to get involved with TEAM JLO. You can send any questions to lopezsupportpage@hotmail.com. Otherwise please post friendly comments on this site! They'll all be read by Mom at some point.

Best,

Andrew

No comments: