4.09.2006

A Wrap Up of Relay

Through the contributions of many, my team (The Rutgers University Glee Club) was able to surpass our fundraising goal of over $1000 and topped out at a little over $1100 towards RELAY FOR LIFE. As most of you already know, the Relay happened this weekend, stretching from 6pm on Friday afternoon into Saturday morning at 8am. Many thought that I would be walking straight through the entire time, but that was not the case. The idea was to be on a team so that atleast 2 members from each team had to be on the course at all times. Overall, I probably walked a good 7 or 8 hours and I had an absolute blast. When we weren't walking, we were either watching some awesome live bands, playing games or listening to survivors tell their miraculous tales. And if anybody caught a glimpse of the schedule online, NO I did not participate in the 5am drag queen competition!

By hour 14, members of my teammates and I were hurting and delerious with exhaustion, but we knew we had been a part of something amazing, and that was all we needed! In the end, my team was ranked 6th out of 32 teams in the amount of money we raised, and through your generous donations, I was ranked 5th out of hundreds in the amount raised by an individual. Thank you all and please don't stop learning, asking questions, getting involved and donating money towards the search for a cure. Please support my brother in his quest to raise money for the Sandy Rollman 5k. If you aren't able to donate, please consider joining Chuck in the race just as I have.

AND LASTLY, you all are aware that Mom is doing amazingly well. But what you may have forgotten is that tomorrow (April 10th), mom will have been SMOKE FREE for 4 months so please call her and let her know how proud you are of her. I know she'd love to hear from you.

Best,

Andy

No comments: