2.17.2007

Miracle: Part 2

After Wednesday's ice storm settled, I took a walk to Chuck and Lauren's house to get out of the house for a bit. Mom was pretty nervous because we were still waiting to hear back about her CAT SCAN results. The days before and after chemo's or any kind of test are the worst. It's the "not knowing" that really gets to you. But because we've gotten bad news from this test before, I think everyone was a little more on edge than usual. As I was nearing my way home, mom popped her head out of the front door "I'M NORMAL, I'M NORMAL!!!" She was still on the phone with someone from our family sharing the good news, but was yelling down the block like a crazy woman--- a good crazy! She was going on and on about how Dr. Canavan truly couldn't believe he was looking at her SCAN because it looked so unbelievably healthy! I can probably vouch for all of Mom's friend's and family members when I say as soon as we heard this news, it felt like a huge weight was off our chests. THANK GOD!

After Mom had made her phone calls, she couldn't stop praising Dr. Canavan's name. "The man's a saint! He's the BBBBEEEESSSST doctor in the whole world. Even if it doesn't come back, I ain't gonna worry cause I know he'll take care of me!" We later had a few laughs because after she started pouring herself a huge glass of the HACIENDA Merlot I said, "Whether we got good or bad news, you were gonna have a few drinks no matter what huh?" And she couldn't agree more. It was time to celebrate and so she did, rightly so!

What is past, is past. Here's what the near future has in store...
1) Mom's 1st Maintance treatment
2) March 2nd- Party for OC at the OB! (Details below)
3) April 28th- Sandy Rollman 5K for Ovarian Cancer

So basically we have to never stop praying, continue to raise funds and spread the word to help find better and more efficient OC tests/treatments, and last but certainly not least... PARTY!!!!

Best,

Andrew

No comments: